Thursday, May 14, 2009

Delicious Details



Delicious details............



While visiting Evi this week, I was..... once again, enthralled with her home, her decorating sense, her impeccable taste and ironically, her use of restraint.....



Everywhere you look in Evi and Eb's home..... interesting things are artistically displayed, objects arranged to tell a story, create an atmosphere, provide interest or inject the element of surprise and delight.....



She has many wonderful treasures.....but absolutely no clutter......



She uses negative space to make her objects on display pop.......



Each item has a history, each item is loved, each item is showcased to its best advantage...



Placed in its designated spot....on the mantle.....atop a dresser....in the middle of a shelf....it shines....(and not just because everything is immaculately clean).....it is showcased...it stands out for all to appreciate the tiniest details....



This dollmaker, designer and artist constantly edits her collections.....which keeps her home looking fresh and current....



Her home appears elegant and sophisticated but never pretentious or over done......it reflects her keen sense of humor.....and her joie de vie....



Here a cache of thermometers hangs from a wooden rack......against a wall that she and her husband Eb hand plastered to ensure just the right texture.....



A collection of interesting pharmaceutical items.....



and these antique apothecary jars.....



contrast with this elegant mirror and black and white toile drapes in the guest bathroom....



Even her outdoor spaces are filled with delicious details.....rich texture



and delightful surprise......



Talk about inspiration.......this clutter queen (me) is once again inspired by Evi to look at my own space with fresh eyes and try again......

21 comments:

Allidink said...

I'm a clutter queen too. I say that if I only had a bigger place then it wouldn't be so cluttered haha. Cute pictures! I just love seeing these nice things.

All the best,
Allison

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Laura,
I absolutely l-o-v-e everything I've seen, thank you so much for sharing. What a sense of style Evi has shown in her home. I am off to take a look. Happy night!
xo~Tracie

manon 21 said...

merci de tes visites.
tu as plein de trésors et je retrouve chez toi
les mêmes idées que chez moi.


bonne journée Laura

manon

Irma said...

Hey Laura,

This is really a great house, I lover everything of it. Many nice items and so nice decorated.

All the best
Irma

Les Cotrions said...

Oh this home is a beauty! Perfect details everywhere!
Have a great week end!
Big hugs
Vale

Floss said...

You're right - these photos (and your text)are absolutely inspirational. I really like the way you highlighted what caught your eye about each photo. I think I'm going to come back and re-read this post again when I'm looking for display ideas. Thanks!

anythinggoeshere said...

This is your friend from the magazine, right? Isn't it all lovely. xo Joan

LIVS LYST said...

You have so MANY things!!! You are a real collector! ;O)

Laura! Now I finally have taken you challenge! If you visit me today, you will se my style!!

Have a really nice day my friend!!!
Hug from L-jo

Zita said...

Such beautiful vignettes! Lovely colour pallette.

marble rose said...

Everything feels so though through and bright, very beautiful - there is NO rhyme nor reason to my 'treasures'

fleur
xxxx

lia said...

What a lot of beautiful pictures.

greets Lia

kate said...

Beautiful detail, creative eye. Thanks
for letting us peek. Very imaginitive...
best to you
kate

jade said...

All that looks absolutly great - i have never seen so much inspiration in just ONE house!!!! Wonderful!!! And thank you for showing us!!!

Wish you a very nice weekend, Hugs Jade

Unknown said...

Oh , Lord , I would seriously need smelling salts if I went any where this mindblowingly gorgeous home, thanks for sharing!! This is so completely my taste! ( i think I need a wee lie- down after seeing all that deliciousness!
Cheers , Helen

Anne Marie said...

Sorry, but by the look of your style that I have seen, I would hardly pronounce you "clutter queen" -
her place looks divinely inspiring!! I like color, but would gladly switch to soothing grays and such tones...and her collection looks amazing...she doesn't have a blog eh?

Suzann said...

LOVE it all. Because I don't like clutter I've gone to not having anything, but seeing these photos makes me realize that if an item is perfect for you and perfectly showcased it will be amazing and not lead to clutter. Thank you.

Lisa said...

You doo such a great job! I'm so glad I found your blog! All your treasures are just fabulous!
HUgs! Lisa

Carole said...

Hey Laura,
I recognize a few pieces that I love but now I love even more. You're right her home is a true delight for the eyes. Everywhere you turn there is something special. Hopefully I'll get to see her garden and deck this year and if it's anything like the inside I won't be disappointed.
Have a good weekend,
Carole

Olga said...

These are all lovely pictures. Wonderful way of putting things together!

Lucys Lounge said...

can i move into her house?!

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,
we just love all the pictures you took of our house! Your writing touches my heart each and every time, and you know, that I love your wonderful things as much as you like mine. Thank you for always being such a true friend!!!!!!!!!!
XOXOX,
Evi